There is nothing more satisfying than watching or hearing about a person who has achieved a goal, not matter how simple that goal seems to others.
With the help of the occupational therapist at Spotlight on Abilities a variety of people have reached the following achievements:
- independently getting ready and organized to go to school/go out for recess/get on the bus
- printing so everyone can read it easily
- independent bike riding and loving it!
- learning to sit with a class and listen quietly
- participating in class and not seeming to be “lazy”
- catching and throwing a ball with good aim and without fear of being hit or falling
- improved self-confidence
- understanding a child’s disability and how to help them overcome daily living hurdles
- understanding social rules
- setting the family supper table on a daily basis without reminder or cuing
- decreasing oversensitivity to touch
- lining up without hitting or fighting with other students
- having fun and learning
Occupational therapy with Spotlight on Abilities can help your child.
Spotlight on Abilities:
Mail: 87 Stonehurst Ave., New Maryland, NB E3C 1H2